Susan Cain, LCSW
Location: Pensacola, Florida
Susan Cain, LCSW has over 20 years experience dedicated to working in the mental health field. She is a native of Stamford, Connecticut who currently resides outside of Pensacola, Florida with her husband, John, and four daughters.
Her private clinical social work practice began in 2006 with the Anchor Clinic, LLC in Pensacola, Florida.
Her extensive social work experience focuses on empowerment, and strategies for improved quality of life. Susan is currently accepting patients interested in Schema Therapy, a treatment for personality disorders and treatment resistant depression and anxiety, on a case by case basis.
Prior to her clinical practice, she worked in systems advocacy for Traumatic Brain Injury awareness, in Employee Assistance Programs (EAP) providing assessments and corporate training, The Legal Aid Society of Westchester County as a defense based social worker, and for a local hospice working with individuals, and groups through the phases of their grief.
Her credentials and education include:
- Masters of Science in Social Work, Columbia University School of Social Work, 1997
- B.A. In Psychology, Clark University, 1995
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, State of Florida, #SW8130
- Member of National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Member of the International Society of Schema Therapy (ISST)
Other expertise includes:
- Extensive training and candidate for Advanced Certification in Schema Therapy (International Society of Schema Therapy, 2015-2016) for personality disorders and treatment resistant depression and anxiety.
- Intensive training in Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Skilled presenter, corporate trainer and facilitator on employee assistance topics, psychosocial subjects, and therapeutic practices.
- Certified Adoption Specialist (National Council on Adoption) providing adoption home studies & birth parent counseling/consent signings throughout Northwest Florida.