Back on One Broken Mom is a listener favorite, Wendy Behary. Wendy is the founder and director of The Cognitive Therapy Center of New Jersey and The Schema Therapy Institutes of NJ-NYC and DC. She is also the author of “Disarming the Narcissist…Surviving and Thriving with the Self-Absorbed” (New Harbinger Publications). Now translated in 15 languages. Wendy has a specialty in treating narcissists and the people who live with and deal with them.
Based on a listener question, Ameé and Wendy talk about how to co-parent with an abusive, manipulative, or narcissistic parent. In this episode you will hear:
- The four steps for handling a narcissistic ex
- How dysfunction can impact our learned communication
- Understanding the nature of the narcissistic parent
- Knowing how to handle when a parent doesn’t want to be in the child’s life anymore
- Knowing how to deal with being gaslit by the narcissistic parent through the children
- What to do when worried that the children will adopt the narcissistic parent’s worldview